To be located in the Los Angeles Area, candidate must support the deployment, installation, utilization and training aspects of the Auro-3D® Codec and assist in the development and deployment of its associated tools in post production facilities in the US, primarily on the west coast.
This person will be front line support to guide customers on the specific installation process to use Auro-3D® encoding technologies provided by Auro Technologies and provide feedback from the field concerning improvements to the products and workflows. This person will need to develop and maintain world-class training programs and develop a certification or site-commissioning program in coordination with Auro Technologies and Barco management.
Candidate should have a minimum of 5 years experience in working in postproduction environments and a reputation for respecting the confidential nature of the work.
- Coordinate installation of new systems and provide all levels of support for Auro-3D® hardware, software and embedded systems.
- Managing all incoming support requests and ensuring proper escalation and follow up. Manage these support requests and despatch the relevant tier of support as required.
- Work alongside our in-house team of developers to provide application support, and interact with product development to provide competitive enhancements in the products.
- Be well versed in the sales and promotional process to ensure that solutions being offered are viable and consistent with Auro Technologies’ product offering and development roadmaps.
- Conduct demonstrations and presentations about our technology and be well versed in the art and science of cinema sound and its associated technology and terms.
- 4 year Degree in CS, EE, or related field preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with significant contribution in cinema production environments.
- Proven Record of technical knowledge or direct supervisory work experience with ProTools, and various mixing consoles such as AMS/Neve, Euphonix and Avid Icon.
- Customer service skills and good communication skills are essential. Candidate must have an eye for detail, the ability to work independently and as part of a team, possess great documentation skills.
- Expert-level service professional with ability to work with a high level of integrity and with minimum supervision. Demonstrated ability to use sound independent judgment.
Candidate must be willing to work sporadic hours as required in the post production entertainment industry and be on call 24/7 to resolve critical issues as they arise. This may be provided remotely or if required, at the customer site.
Interested? Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org