As an Audio Software Engineer, you are responsible for the development of various audio production software products (plugins and standalone tools) and integration of various core algorithms therein. This includes clarifying the requirements, creating a technical design, documentation diagrams and effort estimation and the actual software implementation and validation to meet the expected quality standards.
Your target is to meet the functional and performance-related requirements. In addition, you will play a key role in defining and implementing the non-functional requirements (maintainability, testability, …) to gradually improve the source code base and the development process itself.
1. Result areas
- Design and breakdown
- Develop audio production tools (plug-ins and standalone) which integrate core components following a common architecture
- Document your design to communicate it with the Systems Architect, Research Team and Project Management
- Break down a design in manageable and estimable steps (Epics/Stories) to ensure a predictable implementation
- Promote a think-first attitude to reduce unnecessary refactoring
- Take a pragmatic approach that does not compromise future improvements
- Software implementation
- Use test-driven development to maintain a one-on-one relationship between the code base and its unit test
- Develop generic functionality with low dependencies for reuse and testability
- Adhere to existing standards and guidelines
- Discuss in a productive manner with System Architect to clarify requirements
- Explain the impact of technical decisions to System Architect and Project Manager in a clear manner
- Continuous improvement
- Flag software development improvement areas in a constructive manner
- Participate/lead discussions to improve software development
- You will work in close cooperation with the Technical Team Leader, System Architect and Project Manager
- You will work closely with peer Audio and Embedded DSP Software Engineers, as well as with the Audio Testing Engineer
- Master’s degree or PhD in exact or applied sciences
- Know-how of Digital Signal Processing for audio
- High interest in the audio production workflows for movies, music and broadcast
- Deep knowledge of DAWs such as Pro Tools, Nuendo, Reaper, Da Vinci Resolve, etc.
- Experience with JUCE, VST, AAX, AU, Pace
- Experience with macOS (XCode), Windows (MSVC) and Linux
- Familiar with development of web-apps and cloud computing
- Software version control with GIT
- Experience with Ruby for automatization is a plus
- Fluent in English; good knowledge of Dutch, French and/or German
- Passion for sound and music
- Good Communicator: you are able to communicate complex problems and scenarios with both technical and less technical colleagues at the appropriate level.
- Creative and problem solver: you are able to gradually break down complex problems to focus on the essence. When solving these problems, you are expected to take the lead and apply plenty of creativity to come to a pragmatic solution.
- Flexible: you are able to temporarily pick up a different role to better understand their interaction with the core components in order to improve. You do not have 9-to-5 mentality.
- Innovation-minded: a constructive attitude is expected to drive continuous improvement, both in- and outside your Audio Software domain. You try to converge to a vision that is shared by the whole team.
- Scientific approach: you practice a detailed, objective and sound approach at all levels. This helps to measure and maintain quality and performance or ensures that all aspects of complex use cases are taken into account.
- Quality-minded: you deliver personal and process quality in order to continuously improve the project. You propose improvements in product quality and service and motivate your changes.
- Cooperative: you actively and constructively contribute to the common goal of the project in line with the company’s vision and in cooperation with all stakeholders.
- Organizational involvement: you identify yourself with Auro’s mission and align your behavior on the needs, priorities and culture of the organization. You contribute in a constructive and integer manner to the realization of the company goals.
You will be part of a team working on the development and deployment of new technologies for OTT (streaming) and Broadcast applications aim to bring the AURO-3D immersive sound and interactive experiences to the user on a myriad of devices such as AVRs, soundbars, TVs, smart speakers, connected cars, mobile devices, etc.
We offer you a position as a consultant (minimum duration 12 months) or a fixed permanent contract within the fascinating world of audio high tech and engineering.
The work location is situated in Mol, Belgium.
We provide a total package with on one hand training, coaching and a close follow up and on the other hand a balanced salary package based on your capabilities and experience. …
Interested? You can send your résumé and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org