As a Mobile Developer, you are responsible for the integration of our in-house developed audio library components on popular mobile platforms like Android and iOS, together with all bitstream handling and integration of pass-through libraries.
Your target is to create mobile applications and integrations for demo purposes and assist Customer Integration Teams with their mobile integrations, for hand-held devices, set-top boxes as well as Smart TVs. You will work at the application (e.g. ExoPlayer) and OS level (e.g. Android AOSP).
1. Result areas
- Discuss in a productive manner with System Architect and Technical Team Leader to clarify requirements
- Explain the impact of technical decisions to System Architect and Project Manager in a clear manner
- Design and breakdown
- Design applications and integrations to meet both functional and non-functional requirements (e.g. maintainability)
- Create an architecture that assigns clear roles to the different entities, especially when platform-specific items are needed
- Document your design to communicate it with the Systems Architect, Research Team and Project Management
- Break down a design in manageable and estimable steps (Epics/Stories) to ensure a predictable implementation
- Promote a think-first attitude to reduce unnecessary refactoring
- Take a pragmatic approach that does not compromise future improvements
- Software implementation
- Minimize the amount of platform-specific code as much as possible, taking testability and maintenance into account
- Adhere to existing standards and guidelines
- Continuous improvement
- Flag mobile development improvements in a constructive manner
- Promote modern techniques that improves cross-platform software development
- Good knowledge of Java, C, C++ and Objective-C is required
- In-depth experience with Android (TV) and the NDK
- Experience with ExoPlayer, adaptive streaming (HLS, MPEG-DASH…) and DRM
- Other mobile OS experience is welcomed: Tizen, webOS, iOS, tvOS
- Software version control with GIT and submodules
- Good knowledge of scripting and automation, hands-on experience with ruby/rake is a bonus
- Fluent in English
Good communication, creative and problem solving, continuous improvement attitude and quality-minded, strong cooperation and a team player.
You will be part of a team working on the development and deployment of new technologies for OTT (streaming) and Broadcast applications aim to bring the AURO-3D immersive sound and interactive experiences to the user on a myriad of devices such as AVRs, soundbars, TVs, smart speakers, connected cars, mobile devices, etc.
We offer you a position as a consultant (minimum duration 12 months) or a fixed permanent contract within the fascinating world of audio high tech and engineering.
The work location is situated in Mol, Belgium.
We provide a total package with on one hand training, coaching and a close follow up and on the other hand a balanced salary package based on your capabilities and experience. …
Interested? You can send your résumé and covering letter to email@example.com